Youth Development 2023 Webinar
Written by Training Ground Guru — May 3, 2023
BUY TICKETS: Youth Development Webinar
INDUSTRY experts will give insights into latest trends and best practice at our Youth Development Webinar on June 6th.
The webinar will feature the following speakers (in the order they'll appear on the day):
- Des Ryan: Director of Coaching and Performance at Setanta College.
- Hannah Dingley: Academy Manager at Forest Green Rovers.
- Mathieu Lacome: Chief Performance and Analytics Officer at Parma.
- Dr Perry Walters: Expert on the application of neuroscience in football.
- Benjamin Balkin: Co-founder of Eyeball elite youth scouting platform.
- Jack Brazil: Under-17s Assistant at PSV Eindhoven.
- Andy Goldie: Academy Manager at Swansea City.
- Tom Hocking: First Team Assistant Performance Analyst at Wolves.
- Carlos Casal Lopez: Football Programs Leader for LaLiga.
More will be announced in the coming weeks. The webinar will be held on Zoom from 0930 to 1630 BST on Tuesday June 6th. You can buy tickets HERE.
Tickets for the Youth Development Webinar are £40 (price includes VAT and Eventbrite fees). Click the button below to make a purchase.
- Tickets are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please register with the email you will use to log into Zoom with on the day.
- There will be a Q&A at the end of every presentation.
- Price is inclusive of Eventbrite fees and VAT.
- A recording will be available for ticket holders for 7 days after the live event.
Des Ryan is Director of Coaching and Performance at Setanta College in Ireland and a world leader in the development of young athletes. Before joining Setanta College in May 2021 he worked for Arsenal for more than eight years, as Head of Sports Medicine and Athletic Development. In that role he played a key part of the development of several young players who are now mainstays of the Arsenal first team.
Hannah Dingley is Academy Manager at Forest Green Rovers. The UEFA Pro Licence holder is the only woman to hold this position in English football. The Category 3 Academy is one of the country's newest and is already making great strides. Hannah was Head of Academy Coaching at Burton Albion before joining FGR in July 2019.
Dr Perry Walters is a visiting fellow at Bristol University and was a psychology consultant at Bristol City for several years. He is also the co-founder of IDYOMS, the Institute for Development of Young Minds in Sport. Perry was behind one of TGG's most read articles - Why understanding the teenage brain is key to coaching.
Benjamin Balkin is a former AS Monaco Academy player and has worked in scouting and talent ID roles. Three years ago he co-founded Eyeball - the first video scouting platform dedicated to elite youth football. The company now has more than 300 partner clubs in 16 countries and showcases in excess of 60,000 elite youth players.
Andy Goldie is Academy Manager at Swansea City, where the club playing model and individual development are key across the age groups. Prior to joining the Swans last summer, Andy was Academy Manager at Dundee United for three years, overseeing a major expansion of their youth operation. Sixteen Academy graduates featured for their first team in 2021/22.
Eyeball is the first online video scouting platform for elite youth football. It contains a unique database of players, games and analytics in key countries for talent development.