Tottenham name the six staff who will assist Conte
Written by Training Ground Guru — November 4, 2021
TOTTENHAM have revealed the six staff who will work with new Head Coach Antonio Conte, including Ryan Mason, who took caretaker charge of the team last season.
When Nuno Espirito Santo was sacked as boss on Monday, three of his staff went with him - assistant Ian Cathro, goalkeeper coach Rui Barbosa and fitness coach Antonio Dias.
In their place, six have come in to work with Conte, with a goalkeeper coach to be appointed "in due course". They are:
- Cristian Stellini (Assistant Head Coach): Had an 18-year career as a player in Italy, including spells at Como, Genoa and Bari. Has been a coach since 2010 and joined Conte's staff at Juventus in 2011/12. Had spells in Genoa's youth system and at Alessandria before joining Conte again at Inter Milan, winning Serie A last season.
- Ryan Mason (First Team Coach): The former Spurs midfielder steps up from Academy Head of Player Development. He led the club as Interim Head Coach for the last seven games of last season. Initially joined Spurs as an eight-year-old and made 70 appearances for their first team before departing for Hull City in 2016. Returned to the Academy for a coaching role in 2018 following his injury-enforced retirement from playing.
- Gianluca Conte (Technical & Analytics Coach): Played for Lecce before becoming part of his brother's coaching staff at Bari in 2009. Has been with him ever since, at Juventus, Italy, Chelsea and Inter Milan.
- Costantino Coratti (Fitness Coach): Joined Spezia's coaching staff in 2011 and has been with Conte since his second season at Juventus in 2012/13.
- Gian Piero Ventrone (Fitness Coach): Known as 'the marine' for his intense and demanding sessions. Worked with Conte when he was a player at Juventus in 1994/95 but has never worked with him as a manager. Has had spells at Catania, JS Suning (China) and most recently with Fabio Cannavaro at Guangzhou Evergrande. Was also assistant manager to Olivier Pantaloni at AC Ajaccio in France.
- Stefano Bruno (Fitness Coach): Began his coaching career at AS Livorno in 2005/06 and was part of Conte's staff at Bari and Atalanta before spells at Ischia, AC Ajaccio, Catania, Alessandria and Parma. Joined Conte again at Inter last season.
When Conte was manager of Chelsea, he brought (and departed with) eight staff. Only two of them remain at Tottenham - his brother Gianluca and Coratti.