Titterton leaves Sheffield United to join Manchester City Women
Written by Training Ground Guru — January 6, 2022
RUTH TITTERTON has left Sheffield United after four years to join Manchester City Women.
Titterton joined Sheffield United from Barnsley in October 2017. Her exit from Bramall Lane means almost all the staff who worked alongside Chris Wilder have now departed.
That includes Head of Sport Science Matt Prestridge, Analyst Mike Allen and Assistant Alan Knill, who are now working with Wilder at Middlesbrough.
Sheffield United are currently advertising for a replacement for Titterton - as well as an Academy Manager and Under-23s coach following the promotion of Paul Heckingbottom (who was U23s boss) to first-team manager and Jack Lester (who was Academy Manager) to Head of Player Development in November.
The remaining six female physios working in senior men's professional football are:
- Barnsley first-team physio Vikki Stevens
- Harrogate Town Head of Medical Rachel Davis
- Oxford United Head of Medical Amy Cranston
- Tranmere Head of Medical Maddy McCavana
- Swindon Town first-team physio Alison Willetts
- Colchester Head Physio Victoria Athey