TGG Live: Big Data 2022
Written by Training Ground Guru — October 27, 2022
TGG's Big Data event is back for its fourth edition and will once again give top insights into how leading football clubs and federations are using data science.
As in previous years, we have a stellar line-up of speakers for this full-day online event, which is being held on December 6th and is in partnership with Stats Perform, Hudl and Gemini Sports Analytics.
- Mladen Sormaz: Director of Football Analytics for 777 Partners, who own a global network of clubs. Previously Leicester City's Head of Football Analytics.
- Tyler Heaps: Head of Sporting Technology and Insights at AS Monaco. Was US Soccer's Director of Sporting Analytics, supporting all national teams, before joining the French club.
- Fabio Nevado Garrosa: Technical Analyst for La Liga working on the Mediacoach project. This provides the 42 La Liga 1 & 2 clubs with tracking data and bespoke analysis derived from it.
- Rodrigo Picchioni is Head of Analytics at Brazilian champions Atlético Mineiro. He oversaw the creation of the new department last year and has led automation of processes and integration within the club.
- Akhil Shah: Data Scientist at Sunderland. Has played a key role in setting up the club's data infrastructure and delivering statistical analysis and insights to different departments.
- Jonny Whitmore leads the Data Analyst team at Stats Perform. A big focus of his work is managing use of their Opta data and introducing advanced metrics to readers of The Opta Analyst.
- Emily Angwin is Women's Player Insights Scientist for the Football Association, working across the England women's teams and pathway.
- Lucy Rowland is Director of Soccer Analytics at San Jose Earthquakes in the MLS. Before this she was Lead Data Analyst for the Canadian Soccer Association and worked for EA Sports on the FIFA franchise.
- The event will be held on Zoom on Tuesday December 6th from 0930 to 1630 GMT.
- Recording will be available for 7 days afterwards.
- Places are limited; tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When you purchase your ticket, please use the email you will be logging into Zoom with on the day.
- Price inclusive of VAT and Eventbrite fees.
Tyler Heaps is the Head of Sporting Technology and Insights at AS Monaco, working across all football departments at the club.
Before joining the French side in February 2021, he worked for US Soccer for five years, latterly as their Director of Sporting Analytics. That involved supporting all national teams within the Federation and overseeing data and video analysis, plus research and development.
Rodrigo Picchioni is Head of Analytics at Atlético Mineiro, the Brazilian champions. He oversaw the creation of the new department last year and has led automation of processes and integration within the club.
Prior to joining Atlético Mineiro, Picchioni worked for their Serie A rivals Red Bull Bragantino.
Jonny Whitmore leads the Data Analyst team at Stats Perform. They work on projects with major broadcasters, football federations and clubs. In the last few years his role has been increasingly focused on managing data usage and introducing advanced metrics to readers of The Analyst, which brings expert analysis and AI-led predictions to storytelling