Ten Hag shares Manager of the Month Award with backroom staff
Written by Training Ground Guru — September 30, 2022
MANCHESTER UNITED manager Erik ten Hag has been named Premier League Manager of the Month for September and shared the award with his backroom staff.
The award is decided using votes from experts and supporters. Ten Hag finished ahead of his fellow top-flight bosses Antonio Conte (Tottenham) and Gary O’Neil (Bournemouth).
The Dutchman is only the second United manager to have won the accolade since the Sir Alex Ferguson era. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was the first when he was named Manager of the Month in February 2019.
There was a Reds double for September, with forward Marcus Rashford being named Player of the Month. In September United beat Leicester away and Arsenal at home. This Sunday they face City in the 188th Manchester derby
You can see Ten Hag pictured above holding the award in front of his backroom staff. The photo was posted on United’s social media channels, along with the caption ‘Always a team effort.’
The staff are (left to right):
- Ed Leng (Lead Sport Scientist)
- Paul Brand (Head of Analysis)
- Craig Mawson (Goalkeeper Coach)
- Kevin Keij (Performance Analyst)
- Charlie Owen (Fitness Coach)
- Tom Green (Performance Analyst)
- Mitchell van der Gaag (Assistant Manager)
- Steve McClaren (Assistant Manager)
- Eric Ramsay (Individual Development & Set Piece Coach)
- Luke Lazenby (Performance Analyst)
- Benni McCarthy (Forwards Coach)
- Richard Harris (Senior Goalkeeper Coach)
- Paolo Gaudino (Rehab & Fitness Coach)
- Darren Fletcher (Technical Director)