Garry set to become England Under-18s coach
Written by Simon Austin — August 30, 2021
ARSENAL Under-23s assistant Ryan Garry is to become England's new U18s coach.
The former Gunners defender will replace Kevin Betsy, who left the FA after five years to become Arsenal’s U23s lead last month.
Garry is a Uefa Pro Licence coach who has worked at Arsenal since July 2013. He moved up the ranks to become assistant to former U23s boss Steve Bould and was in the running for the lead role before Betsy was appointed.
Prior to becoming a coach, Garry played as a defender for Bournemouth for four years, having initially come through as an Academy player at Arsenal, for whom he made one senior appearance.
Paul Williams, who was last week named Academy Director at Birmingham City, will take charge of England U18s in September before Garry takes the job full-time.
ENGLAND AGE GROUP COACHES
- Head coach: Andy Edwards
- Assistant coach: Jason Euell
- Goalkeeper coach: Danny Alcock
- Head coach: Ian Foster
- Assistant coach: Marcus Bignot
- Goalkeeper coach: Anthony White
- Head coach: Ryan Garry (Paul Williams to take interim charge until October)
- Assistant coach: Michael Johnson
- Goalkeeper coach: Adrian Tucker
- Head coach: Tom Curtis
- Assistant coach: Omer Riza
- Assistant coach: Paul Davis
- Goalkeeper coach: Sam Meek