Bruno Lage unveils new backroom staff at Wolves
Written by Training Ground Guru — July 21, 2021
WOLVES manager Bruno Lage has announced his backroom team at Molineux, bringing in six new staff.
As TGG reported in May, six assistants left the club along with manager Nuno Espirito Santo in May.
Former Benfica boss Lage, who was appointed to replace his compatriot in June, has now announced the replacements. Five are compatriots of the Portuguese manager.
- Alex Silva (Assistant Head Coach): First met Lage in 2006, when Silva was the club’s U17s boss. Had a stint with Sporting Lisbon before returning to become Lage’s assistant with Benfica B. Followed the Head Coach to the first team in January 2019, helping guide Benfica to the title.
- Carlos Cachada (Fitness Coach): Was most recently manager of Al-Duhail U23s in Qatar in 2019/20. Worked as a fitness coach at four different Portuguese clubs before stints in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates, where he was assistant manager at Al Ahli. Worked under Aitor Karanka at Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest.
- Tony Roberts (Goalkeeper Coach): The former Wales international worked with Lage at Swansea City. Played more than 600 senior games and began his coaching career at QPR and Arsenal. Was goalkeeper coach for Wales under Chris Coleman and worked for Birmingham City last season.
- Jhony Conceicao (Head of Coaching Strategy): An analyst by background and this will continue to be the main focus of his work at Molineux. Worked with Lage, who was assistant to Carlos Carvalhal, as first-team analyst at Sheffield Wednesday and then moved with the duo to Swansea City. Followed Lage to Benfica B and the Benfica first-team.
- Luis Nascimento (Senior Professional Development Coach): Managed the U15s, 17s and 19s between 2005 and 2019 at Benfica. Was assistant to Carlos Carvalhal at Rio Ave last season. Role is akin to that of an individual development coach.
- Diogo Camacho (Analyst): Has just had three seasons as first-team analyst at Famalicao in Portugal.