As U23s Physiotherapist, you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine with all aspects of medical provision within the Academy for the U9 to U23 age-groups.
This role will provide all daily medical provision for training, matches and rehabilitation to our U23 age group.
Education/ Qualifications/ Training
- BSc degree in Physiotherapy (E)
- Advanced First Aid including ATMMiF or equivalent (E)
- Registration with appropriate governing body (HCPC and CSP) (E)
- MSc degree in physiotherapy or related field (D)
- UKSCA Accreditation (D)
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate (D)
- Experience working as a Physiotherapist within elite sport (D)
- Experience of working with young athletes (E)
- Experience of working within paediatrics (D)
- Experience of working within professional football (E)
Abilities/ Skills/ Knowledge
- Excellent IT skills (E)
- Strong knowledge in LTAD of adolescents within an academy system (D)
- Confident with delivering strength and conditioning gym-based sessions (D)
- Competent and personable with good time management skills (E)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
- High degree of personal drive and motivation (E)
- Ability to understand and adapt to the culture of a professional football club (E)
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E)
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E)
- Proactively takes on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills (E)
- Must be accountable for delivering results within assigned levels of accountability (E)
- This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Charlton Athletic is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure
- As such, this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate must disclose all convictions spent convictions should be declared, that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
- We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’d love to hear from you if you believe you can meet the challenges of working within an elite sporting environment.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Click 'apply for this job' to apply!
The advert will close on 29th April 2021, but as it is an urgent requirement we may not be able to wait until the closing date before progressing applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.