Wolves are searching for a creative, talented and motivated individual to take up the position of Strategic Player Marketing Manager for our Category One Academy and its associated teams.
Working alongside senior members of the Academy, the successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking mindset, which will enable them to lead on showcasing the array of Academy talent at Wolves for development and recruitment opportunities.
The role will require an individual with exceptional football experience/knowledge with wide-reaching football industry links.
To be successful you will need to have strong communication and people skills, as well as experience in meeting tight deadlines and being accountable for challenging KPIs.
This role is viewed as an integral part of the Academy structure for player development and recruitment plans.
- Have a statistical understanding of where individual players are with regards to multidisciplinary teams (MDT)
- Develop and maintain a good network of key stakeholder contacts (ie sports directors, CEOs, Head of recruitments, managers and agents) in England across Europe and other continents
- Liaise with the recruitment team and have a detailed understanding of Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) points system
- Liaise regularly with internal media department and content creators on club and player promotions
- Understand and explore the business opportunities that abounds to the club
- Design and implement a fit for purpose marketing strategy for player transfer
- Understand the club philosophy and evidence performing loan players in relation to incumbent first
- Commercialise the loans department for value creation through club assets
- Have a detailed understanding of loan rules in various countries and club contracts structure
- Create partnerships with clubs
- Compliance with Club policies
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
- To promote the Club’s values
- To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
This role involves working with children and/or adults at risk in a Regulated Activity (or in closed proximity to children and/or adults at risk). This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Head of Academy
- Head of Academy Coaching
- Head of Media
- Head of Marketing
- Loans Manager
- Academy Coaching Staff
Scope of job
- Deliver first class player promotion to enhance development opportunities to all players in the in the Academy.
- To build and maintain a strong network of contacts in world football to assist with development, loan and recruitment opportunities.
The level and breadth of knowledge to do the job eg understanding of a defined system, method or procedure, legal or regulatory frameworks etc)
- Previous experience of working within an elite football environment (e.g. player, coach, chief scout, agent)
- Previous experience of sale/marketing
- A strong understanding of key organisational and operational requirements, including safeguarding, HR and
- Health & Safety
- Experience/Understanding of an Academy multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience of reflective practice and personal development
- An understanding of elite player behaviour and psychological aspects
- Knowledge of player loans and sales process
- Experience at a Category 1 EPPP Academy
- Event coordination experience
- Media creativity
Technical/ work-based skill
Skills specific to the job eg language competence, typing skills, coaching skills etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of the player loan rules
- Good use of IT e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through multiple channels
General skills and attributes
More general characteristics eg flexibility, communication skills, team working etc.
- Understanding of how to work safely with children and/or vulnerable adults and uphold generally accepted
- practice when working with those participants.
- Can work effectively within a team environment and also independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- • Ability to effectively liaise with players, parents, coaches, staff and senior management, including being
- able to deal effectively with situations/tasks, in both a methodical and creative way.
- Strong communication and public engagement skills.
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Own transportation and clean driving licence.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work at all times
- A genuine team player who leads from the front and will support and motivate others.
- Adaptable and able to cope well in high pressure situations
- A proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic.
Proven record of experience in a particular field, profession or specialism)
- Proven experience working in a football club environment or sporting Academy
- Experience in building and maintaining a network of key contacts
- Ability to recognise partnership opportunities that would benefit the Club
- An understanding of player loans/sales market
- Working towards and achieving KPIs
- Working with children and/or vulnerable adults
- Media/Content creativity knowledge
The level of educational, professional and/or occupational training required.
- Post-holder must hold or obtain at the earliest opportunity the relevant safeguarding training (i.e. FA Safeguarding Children Workshop)
- Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by the Wolves Head of
- Safeguarding Desirable
- Qualification associated with Media/Marketing
How to apply
Please complete our application form and diversity monitoring form, then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job reference code SS-180-01012021 in the subject line.
For safeguarding reasons, we are unable to progress candidates who have not applied with our application form. Thank you.
Diversity Monitoring Form