Skylab is a specialist partner in sport that applies its passion, experience and expertise across sport and technology to make a positive difference for organisations, athletes and fans alike.
Our partners work with us because our ingenuity ensures we engineer a solution that leverages our fine-tuned understanding of sport to allow you to make better decisions on and off the pitch. The company is split into two divisions. One division is a specialist in web development and applications for sporting organisations across the globe.
The other division specialises in Elite Performance Analysis working with some of the biggest names in sport. Together, the two divisions can create bespoke software solutions as well as a host of other services.
This role is an integral part of the Skylab Leadership Team that, as well as having overall responsibility to drive revenue within the Skylab EPA division, will be central to achieving our new vision and upholding it in all interactions with external clients to grow and achieve sustainable business growth and meet business targets.
Our clients include national and international sporting organisations and some of the best sporting clubs and individuals in the world including Premier League teams and world-record-breaking athletes.
As our Commercial Director for the Elite Performance Analysis (EPA) division you will lead all commercial strategies for our team of performance analysts, project leads and data scientists working on solutions for some of the biggest sporting organisations.
- Form part of the management team with a particular focus on Business Strategy, Commercial, Business Development & Account Direction.
- Take responsibility for commercials, including the division P&L and manage any commercial contractual agreements with all EPA clients.
- Support with all group related activity, including: Board Reports, Budget & Forecasting, HR, Legal, Business Planning.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to furnish the sales pipeline, speaking to prospects, scoping and costing projects with the relevant internal contributors.
- Support all client facing teams across the business with strategic guidance and be a key point of contact for clients offering your expertise and trusted council.
- Be a prominent voice in the Performance Analysis industry - understand our unique proposition in the market and network with others to further our business development.
- Work with the Head of Analysis & Data Solutions, and Business Development Manager to ensure projects are scoped, and priced accurately so that they are resourced and delivered to the highest standard.
- 10+ years relevant experience within performance analysis or related industry
- Expert understanding of performance analysis, sport and technology
- Expert understanding of current performance analysis software and hardware solutions
- Experience in delivering across the commercial spectrum, from strategy to sales
- Excellent commercial, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex subjects simply
- A holistic understanding of the virtuous circle of sport, specifically the inter-dependencies between brand, comms, marketing and commercial to achieve high value and sustainable commercial return
- Proven track record across all commercial pillars, with an emphasis on partnerships and new business opportunities
- Demonstrable success of finding and building new areas of revenue generation in PA and sports tech
- Experience in building collaborative working environments internally and with external partners
- Experience in contract negotiation and service level agreement creation
- Ability to work with senior clients on key strategic projects and comfortable presenting to senior management
- Very efficient, producing significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Focused under pressure and can deliver to a tight deadline
- Ability to work autonomously
- Detailed understanding of performance analysis solutions, having worked either for major sporting organisations as a service user or in a commercial role for a service provider.
- Relevant tertiary level qualification in performance analysis, sports science or data science.
- Existing network of major players in sports performance analysis
- Ability to travel
TO COMPLEMENT THE TEAM DYNAMIC
- You possess a great sense of humour and no ego
- You’re self-starting and thrive with variety and change
- You work with your head up and are inclusive
- You are a little fanatical about everything you do
- You love insights, innovation, culture, sport and technology
HOW TO APPLY
Click APPLY at the bottom of THIS PAGE.