TGG Live: Individual Development 2022 Webinar
Written by Training Ground Guru — April 18, 2022
ENSURING the development of each individual within a team environment is a key focus for clubs - and it's not as easy as it sounds.
That's why more and more are appointing Individual Development Coaches - and why TGG is holding a full-day webinar on the topic. It follows on from the success of last year's event, which featured speakers including Swansea City manager Russell Martin and Southampton Director of Football Matt Crocker.
This year's webinar promises to be highly insightful as well. Our speakers are:
- Andreas Georgson: Malmö Sporting Director and former Arsenal/ Brentford Individual Development Coach.
- Justin Cochrane: Manchester United Head of Player Development & Coaching and former England Under-17 Head Coach.
- Tom Corden: Nottingham Forest's Lead First-Team Performance Analyst.
- Darcy Norman: Director of Performance Science at Kitman Labs/ USA performance coach. Former Director of Performance at Roma/ Bayern Munich/ Germany.
- Michael Bridges: Performance Strategist in the UK Football Pod at Kitman Labs and former Club Support Manager at the Premier League.
- Josh McClaren: Performance Coach with Newcastle United Women/ psychology specialist.
- Craig Cope: Technical Director at Solihull Moors.
- Ed Sulley: Director of Customer Solutions at Hudl and former Head of Research and Innovation at Manchester City.
You can buy tickets HERE.
- This event will be held on Zoom.
- Places are limited.
- A recording will be available to ticket holders for 7 days after the event.
- Please register with the email you intend to use on the day.
- VAT and Eventbrite fees are included in the price.
Andreas Georgson has been the Sporting Director at Swedish champions Malmö since last summer. Individual development is a key part of their strategy and Andreas is a real expert in this area, having been Individual Development Coach at both Brentford and Arsenal.
In Episode #37 of the TGG Podcast, Andreas told us: "For every percentage gained in individual development the team gets stronger."
Justin Cochrane is the Head of Player Development and Coaching at Manchester United, with the remit of "maximising the potential of each individual player" in the Professional Development Phase.
Prior to joining United last summer, Justin was Under-17s lead for England and Gareth Southgate described him as "a really excellent young coach." And QPR Technical Director Chris Ramsey has said: “Justin is outstanding - he could be the best developer in the country."
Darcy Norman is one of the most experienced performance practitioners in world football, having held senior positions at Roma, Bayern Munich and with the German national team. He is now Director of Performance Science at industry-leading sports analytics company Kitman Labs and Performance Coach for the United States men's national team.
Josh McClaren is a performance coach with Newcastle United Women and a specialist in psychology and mindset. He has a Master's in Sport and Exercise Psychology from the University of Newcastle and presents the McClaren Performance Podcast alongside his dad Steve, the former England manager.
Craig Cope is the Technical Director of National League side Solihull Moors. Previously he was first-team recruitment analyst at Nottingham Forest and has also worked at Birmingham City, Notts County and Cheltenham Town. Craig will be expanding on the themes of this article - how Solihull manage to achieve Premier League analysis on a National League budget.