TGG Live: Big Data 2021
Written by Training Ground Guru — September 10, 2021
TGG's Big Data webinar is back for a third year!
This year there's an international flavour, with speakers from around the world:
- Luke Bornn: Former Head of Analytics at AS Roma and Sacramento Kings, who is now the founder and chief scientist at Zelus Analytics.
- Pedro Pereira: Data Scientist at Brazilian club Fluminense.
- Jan Van Haaren: Data Scientist at FC Brugge in Belgium.
- James Young and Akhil Shah: Head of Data and Analysis & Lead Data Scientist from Sunderland.
There will be six presentations in total and more speakers will be revealed in the coming days.
This is a full-day event, on Tuesday October 26th, which will be held via Zoom.
- Places are limited.
- Please register with the email you will use to access the event on the day.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date version of Zoom/ are ready to log in.
- A recording of the event will be available to ticket holders for seven days after October 26th.
- There will be the opportunity to ask the speakers questions at the end of their sessions - and to interact with other attendees.
You can buy tickets for Big Data 2021 HERE. Speaker profiles below...
Luke Bornn is the founder and chief scientist of Zelus Analytics, which is aiming to become the world's best sports intelligence platform. Luke is a pioneer of data science in sport, having been Head of Analytics at AS Roma and Vice President of Strategy and Analytics at the Sacramento Kings.
Jan Van Haaren is Data Scientist at Belgian side Club Brugge. He is an experienced machine learning engineer with more than 10 years' experience developing metrics, models & products for player recruitment, match analysis and player development. Jan has a special interest in improving the applicability of analytics metrics, the visualisation of data & explanations of machine learning models.