Mourinho takes sacked Spurs assistants to Roma
Written by Training Ground Guru — July 5, 2021
JOSE MOURINHO has assembled his backroom team at Roma, with the four assistants who left Tottenham with him in April reunited in the Italian capital.
- João Sacramento (assistant): Joined Mourino from Lille in November 2019. Had previously worked as an analyst with the Wales national team.
- Nuno Santos (goalkeeper coach): The Portuguese had worked for Lille since July 2018 before moving to North London.
- Carlos Lalin (fitness coach): Venezuelan who worked with Mourinho at Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.
- Giovanni Cerra (analyst): Originally from Rome and with a background in graphic design, he worked with Mourinho at Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.
This Tottenham quartet will be joined by two other staff who have worked with Mourinho in the past:
- Stefano Rapetti (fitness coach): Part of Mourinho’s staff when he won treble with Inter Milan in 2009/10. Worked with him at Manchester United before working for AC Milan and Torino under Marco Giampaolo.
- Michele Salzarulo (analyst): Worked for Inter Milan for 13 years, including in Mourinho’s time there. Had been technical assistant at Verona for the last eight months.
Mourinho was named Roma manager at the start of May. having been sacked by Tottenham in April, just a few days before the League Cup final against Manchester City.