Marco Silva reunites his Everton staff at Fulham
Written by Simon Austin — July 1, 2021
MARCO SILVA is bringing the same five assistants who worked with him at Everton to Fulham, TGG understands.
The Portuguese manager, who was with the Toffees from May 2018 to December 2019 and has not managed since, was named as Fulham boss this evening.
The inner circle of five assistants he is reuniting at Craven Cottage are:
- Bruno Mendes (Head of Performance): Worked at Benfica for 17 years, setting up the famous Benfica Lab, before arriving at Everton in July 2018. Lasted just 17 months with the Toffees before he was sacked along with Silva.
- Luis Boa Morte (assistant): Made 250 appearances for Fulham as a player. Worked alongside Silva from June to December 2019 at Everton. Has just gained his Uefa Pro Licence from the English FA.
- Goncalo Pedro (first-team coach): Long-time lieutenant of Silva’s. Worked with him at Estoril, Sporting Lisbon, Olympiakos, Hull, Watford and Everton.
- Hugo Oliveira (goalkeeper coach): Ebullient and highly experienced. Worked for Portugal and Benfica before linking up with Silva at Hull, Watford and Everton.
- Antonis Lemonakis (analyst): The only non-Portuguese member of Silva’s inner circle and another Pro Licence coach. First worked with Silva at Olympiakos and has been with him ever since, at Hull, Watford and Everton.
Silva, 43, replaces Scott Parker, who moved to Bournemouth at the start of the week and took five assistants with him.