Dourekas appointed Nottingham Forest Director of Football
Written by Simon Austin — December 9, 2018
NOTTINGHAM FOREST have appointed Kyriakos Dourekas as their new Director of Football.
He replaces Luke Dowling, who was made Technical Director at West Brom in September. For the last 25 years, Dourekas has worked with Greek giants Olympiakos, who are owned by Forest majority shareholder Evangelos Marinakis.
During this time they claimed 19 league titles and spent 17 seasons in the Champions League. His career at the club began with a spell as IT manager in the 1990s, before he progressed to become team co-ordinator and then Director of Team Operations in 2007.
In an industry where it can be very difficult to find out about people's roles and responsibilities, it was refreshing to see Dourekas give a thorough summary of his role and responsibilities on LinkedIn:
- Management and HR of the first team staff
- Liaison between the CEO and the first team staff and players
- Responsible for the daily operations of the first team department
- Development and implementation of the strategic plan of the Academy
- Oversee the Academy recruitment policy
- Liaise with the Board of Directors for any disciplinary, key staff hiring, special approvals and other matters
- Oversee the efficiency of the department
- Ensure the co-operation with the scouting department
- Communication and follow-up with players on loan
- Manage the daily operations and amelioration of the training facilities