Bristol City create role of loans physio
Written by Simon Austin — March 28, 2019
BRISTOL CITY are recruiting for a new physio who will work exclusively with players on loan at other clubs.
The role of loans manager is fairly new in football, as TGG has reported - but this is the first time we have seen the position of 'loans physio' advertised.
The new post will report into City's loans manager, Brian Tinnion, and be based in Bristol for one day a week, with the rest of his or her time spent visiting the club’s loan players.
- Managing loan player’s injuries and overseeing rehab.
- Monitoring their data, including match time, training load, gym load, diet and wellbeing and reporting on a weekly basis.
- Overseeing a checklist of care when the player first goes on loan.
- Being first point of contact for loan players, develop excellent relationships with each player, including weekly communications and regular on-site visits.
- Building good relationships with the loan clubs and their medical departments.
The salary package is a competitive £27k + bonus and car allowance. You can see the job ad HERE.