Big Data 2023 Webinar
Written by Training Ground Guru — October 18, 2023
OUR Big Data Webinar is back and will once again bring you the best in data science from football and beyond.
This is our FIFTH Big Data event and it's always one of our most popular, because it covers one of the key areas of the modern game.
As ever, we have elite practitioners who will be sharing their insights and experiences:
- Sarah Rudd: Co-founder and CTO of src ftbl and Vice President of Analytics and Software Development at Arsenal from 2012 to 2021.
- Giles Lindsay: Head of Analytics and Technology for the Rajasthan Royals and former National Lead for Performance Analysis for England Cricket.
- Lee Mooney: Managing Director of MUD Analytics and former Director of Football Insights at City Football Group.
- Johann Windt: Senior Director of Analytics, Insights and Research at the Vancouver Whitecaps.
- Issa Tall: Assistant General Manager of Columbus Crew.
- George Gallagher: Senior Consultant for Sportsology Group, working with ownership groups, franchises and teams to help create competitive advantages.
- Jon Manuel: Data Analyst at Stats Perform, focusing on the introduction of Opta’s advanced data and metrics to major broadcasters, leagues and pro clubs.
- Tom Goodall: Senior Solutions Consultant with Hudl and Senior Tactical Analysis Coach for Iceland (men's and women's).
- The event will be held on Zoom on Tuesday November 21st from 1000 to 1700 GMT.
- Recording will be available to ticket holders for 14 days afterwards.
- Price is £40 (plus VAT)
- Places are limited.
- Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When you purchase your ticket, please use the email you will be logging into Zoom with on the day.
You can buy tickets HERE.
Sarah Rudd is a true pioneer for the use of analytics in football. From 2012 to 2021, she was Vice President of Analytics and Software Development at StatDNA and Arsenal, driving the club's use of data. Sarah is now co-founder and Chief Technology Officer for src ftbl, working with clubs in Europe and the United States. Sarah was our guest on Episode #55 of the TGG Podcast, which you can listen to HERE.
Giles Lindsay is Head of Analytics and Technology for the Rajasthan Royals in cricket's India Premier League. He has a track record of delivery in elite sport, having also been National Lead for Performance Analysis for England Cricket for eight years and Head of Analysis for the Leeds Rhinos rugby league team before that.
Lee Mooney is Managing Director of MUD Analytics, a company he co-founded with Vincent Kompany and Klaas Gaublomme. He was previously Director of Football Insights at City Football Group, where he led the creation and evolution of the group’s data science capabilities. His background prior to football was in industry, with Barclays and Deloitte.
Johann Windt is Senior Director of Analytics, Insights and Research at the Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS. He works to inform performance-related decisions across all football operations at the club. That means supporting decision-makers in the executive team, scouting and recruitment, coaching, performance, medical, Academy and player development.
Issa Tall is Assistant General Manager of Columbus Crew in the MLS. Issa was a player at Strasbourg’s Academy in France, before moving into coaching and then executive roles. He has worked in Toronto FC’s Player Personnel and Scouting Department, for FIFA’s Team Services and Competition Department and for the Crew since 2019.
George Gallagher is a Senior Consultant for Sportsology Group, working out of their New York office. George works with ownership groups, franchises and teams to help create competitive advantages. This includes organisational performance diagnostics, strategy development, organisational design and human development.
Jon Manuel has worked as a Data Analyst at Stats Perform for the past three years. He transitioned into the sports data industry after completing a PhD in physics. His work has focused on the introduction of Opta’s advanced data and metrics to major broadcasters, leagues and professional clubs to enhance insight.
Tom Goodall is Senior Solutions Consultant for Hudl, the performance analysis experts. He is also Senior Tactical Analysis Coach for Iceland (men's and women's) and has worked for English clubs including Swansea City, Derby County and Forest Green Rovers.
Matt Roberts is a sports presenter, writer and event host with 20 years’ experience covering the MotoGP World Championship, Isle of Man TT, British and World Superbikes, Winter Olympics, NFL and football for the BBC, ITV, Eurosport and Discovery. Matt graduated from the Master of Sport Directorship course at Manchester Metropolitan University in 2023 and is currently gaining qualifications to be an Executive Coach, with a focus on developing Conscious Leadership in sport.